Prefabricated houses are getting more popular as alternatives to traditional homes. They are often cheaper and easier to build. Manufacturing takes place off-site, so there’s no need to worry about delays due to unfavorable weather conditions. However, there is still the task of buying from a manufacturer that makes excellent products. Jacobsen Homes fits the bill and is a company you should consider.
This article analyses Jacobsen Homes and its products and services. By the end of this article, you should be able to decide whether or not Jacobsen Homes is the manufacturer to work with.
Table of Contents
Jacobsen Homes Overview
Jacobsen Homes is a family-owned company that has been providing quality homes since 1959. It currently holds the distinction of being the oldest and largest builder of prefabricated houses in Florida. The company has offices in Safety Harbor, Florida.
Products and Services
Let us take a closer look at some of the products and services that Jacobsen Homes has to offer.
Stock Manufactured houses
Jacobsen Homes’ bread and butter is manufacturing prefabricated houses. Customers can choose from their roster of stock homes on their website.
What we like about their gallery of stock homes is its easy navigation. The gallery has filtering options to make it easier to choose a model. You can set a search range depending on the total floor area you want to avoid wasting time looking at models that are too large or too small for your needs. There is also an option to look at models depending on the number of bedrooms you need or the type of home you are looking for.
If you need a starter home, The Imperial (ISW-4521) is a great choice. It has a total floor area of 693 square feet. It has a main bedroom and a smaller one. The house has two bathrooms, a laundry room, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen, so you have everything you need in a small package.
If you are looking for something more substantial, consider getting The Imperial Limited (IMLT-44815B). This model has a total floor area of 1,280 square feet. It is a double-wide house with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom has a walk-in closet and an en-suite bathroom with a tub. The other two bedrooms share a common bathroom. There is also a bonus room that you can use as a home office, home gym, or a small guest room. The central area of The Imperial Limited utilizes an open-concept design that combines the living room, kitchen, and dining room into a huge common area.
The Signature TNR (TNR-7643-M1459) is a model suitable for large families. It has a total floor area of 2,497 square feet. It has four bedrooms and three bathrooms. The primary bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and a walk-in closet. Like The Imperial Limited, this model has a bonus room that you can convert to whatever you need. The Signature TNR also has a spacious parlor for entertaining guests.
If you cannot find your ideal home design in Jacobsen Homes’ extensive collection of stock home designs, you can get a custom home manufactured. All you need to do is contact a local model center or an authorized retailer. They can help you develop a floor plan that addresses all your requirements. If you already have a finished floor plan, they can check if it can be manufactured or if changes need to be made.
Jacobsen Homes does not provide pricing information on its website. Since Jacobsen Homes is a manufacturer with partner authorized dealers, you need to approach a retailer near you if you want information about how much a Jacobsen Homes structure will cost.
“We love our home! We were given a time schedule and they were right on time.”– Janice Hall. Source: Google Business Review.
“Incredible people to deal with…highly professional and provide you so many housing options without overwhelming you.”– Gari Weingart. Source: Google Business Review.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Although Jacobsen Homes is an excellent manufacturer of prefabricated houses, they have some downsides. In this section, let us check the advantages and disadvantages of getting your prefabricated house from Jacobsen Homes.
- Jacobsen Homes offers a wide range of upgrades – One misconception about prefabricated houses is that you need to get a stock model exactly as it is. This is untrue, and Jacobsen Homes offers many upgrades that will make your prefabricated house unique. These upgrades also help make prefabricated houses more liveable.
For example, if the stock front door looks too plain for your taste, you can upgrade it to one with side-light windows that looks classier while helping improve the natural light intake of your house. There are also shingle design options you can try if you don’t like how the stock shingles look.
Jacobsen Homes also offers many interior options for your prefabricated house. You can choose the design and color of your kitchen countertop and backsplash. You can choose a design and color for your kitchen cabinets, sinks, and faucets. Jacobsen Homes also gives customers the option of adding a fireplace to their homes. You can go with a rustic stone surround fireplace or an elegant white mantel.
- The company has a large collection of design images – Jacobsen Homes’ website has an impressive gallery of design images you can use as inspiration to decorate your home. If you don’t know how to make your house look impressive, pop into the company’s website and browse through its gallery. You can take hints on what color combinations or furniture selections to use to make your prefabricated house the envy of your neighborhood.
- Jacobsen Homes offers a tour of their facilities – Jacobsen Homes allows customers to tour their manufacturing facilities. If you are doubtful about the quality of their products or manufacturing facilities, give the company a call and ask for a tour of their factory. A tour can help ease your mind and reassure you that they make prefabricated houses with impeccable standards.
- Jacobsen Homes builds green prefabricated houses – If you are looking for a builder that uses environmentally friendly building practices, then Jacobsen Homes is an excellent choice. The company uses construction methods that produce less waste. The company also recycles scrap lumber, aluminum, copper, and cardboard packaging.
Jacobsen Homes also uses building materials that consume less energy and last longer. For example, Jacobsen Homes’ floor systems are insulated with moisture barriers to increase durability. They use walls that sustain low moisture and improve insulation in cold and warm conditions.
- Jacobsen Homes provides limited pricing information – The company’s website does not contain product pricing information. This can hinder your ability to immediately assess if the models you are looking at are within your budget. However, you can call the company for more information about their pricing.
- The company only sells to authorized dealers – Jacobsen Homes is a manufacturer and only sells products to authorized dealers or retailers. Whether in Oregon or Wisconsin, just look for an authorized retailer near you if you want a Jacobsen Homes prefab house. If there are no authorized retailers in your location, you can also consider getting a barndominium kit or pole barn kit instead, as these are excellent alternatives.
Should You Choose Jacobsen Homes?
Yes, if you are building a prefabricated house, Jacobsen Homes is a great choice. The company produces green prefabricated houses using methods that result in less waste and increased energy efficiency. The company’s models come in various sizes and home styles to help you choose a model that suits your taste and needs. Jacobsen Homes also offers upgrades and options to help make your house unique and more functional.