One of the most important considerations when building a house is ensuring that it is sturdy and can stand the test of time. You want a place that you can pass down to the next generation. This underscores the importance of getting the best prefabricated house manufacturer to help you. Huntington Homes is one such company.
This article looks closely at Huntington Homes and why many homeowners trust them when building their houses. We will examine their products and services and analyze their track record of building excellent prefabricated homes.
Table of Contents
Huntington Homes Overview
In this section, you will get to know more about Huntington Homes. We will look at the company’s history and where they are now. We will look at the products and services you can avail of. There are also some reviews by previous customers to give you an idea of how it is to work with Huntington Homes.
Huntington Homes is a Vermont-based company that’s been building homes since 1978. The company has a 100,000-square-foot shop in East Montpelier, Vermont. The Webster Family owns Huntington Homes. It is managed by Jason and Fred Webster, who took the reins from their father, Duane Webster.
Products and Services
Let us check out the products and services Huntington Homes offers its customers.
The primary products of Huntington Homes are their modular houses. If you are looking to build a prefabricated house, Huntington Homes has many designs you can choose from.
One example is their Goshen model. It has a total floor area of 1,642 square feet. It has provisions for three bedrooms and three bathrooms. This model has two stories, with a living room, kitchen, and dining room occupying the ground floor. The master bedroom and two secondary bedrooms are located on the second floor.
Huntington Homes offers turnkey construction services to customers. With turnkey services, Huntington Homes takes care of all aspects of the construction project on your behalf. The company will design your house’s floor plan, obtain permits, and assemble the frame. Huntington Homes will even handle the interior design of your new house, so all you need to do is move in.
According to Huntington Homes’ website, a standard modular house costs between $120 and $180 per square foot. The lower end of the estimate is for a large prefabricated house with a simple design. The more expensive estimate is for a smaller prefabricated house with a more complicated design. The location of the delivery site also factors in the project’s cost. For example, if the delivery site is on an island, delivering the modules will be more challenging, so expect the price to be higher.
“The home building process with Huntington Homes was very simple, straight forward and transparent.”– Matt Tabasko. Source: Google Business Review.
“We have been very happy with our home and that we selected Huntington.”– Michael Battig. Source: Google Business Review.
Advantages and Disadvantages
This section will explore the advantages and disadvantages of working with Huntington Homes to build your prefabricated house. This section will help you decide whether Huntington Homes is the right company for your needs.
- Huntington Homes offers turnkey services – If you have a busy schedule and cannot personally manage the construction of your new house, take advantage of Huntington Homes’ turnkey services. This service can help you save time while ensuring that your house gets built under the supervision of housing professionals.
If this is your first time building a house, availing of Huntington Homes’ turnkey services can help you avoid the mistakes that inexperienced homeowners commit. It will also lighten your load since the company will handle tedious tasks like obtaining permits and sourcing building materials.
Turnkey services also ensure that you can concentrate on managing your business or spending time with your family during construction. By the end of the project, all you have to do is move in and enjoy your dream home.
- Supplies modules to the entire New England region – If you live in the New England Region, you are in luck because Huntington Homes supplies modules all over the region. Whether in Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, Vermont, or Massachusetts, you can order a prefabricated home module and start building your house.
If you live outside of the New England region, you might want to consider getting a barndominium kit or pole barn kit from a supplier in your area. These are excellent alternatives that are as durable and affordable as prefabricated houses.
- They have more than 70 stock home designs – Huntington Homes offers over 70 stock home designs to choose from. This provides you with a large array of options for a house with the features that you need.
- Huntington Homes builds energy-efficient homes – The homes that Huntington Homes builds are energy-efficient, meaning these houses consume less electricity and water than those built using traditional building methods. These houses are easier to keep warm during winters and are cool during summers. Energy-efficient houses can help owners save money because of lower utility and electric bills.
In addition, energy-efficient houses are better for the environment. Since they consume less energy, they contribute less to global warming.
- The company has partner custom home designers – If you cannot find a stock home design that appeals to you, a custom-designed home is your best option. However, finding the best home designer can be challenging. Huntington Homes has partner home designers you can work with. These are designers that the company has worked closely with before, so you are sure that they deliver excellent results.
What’s great about these designers is that they know how Huntington Homes’ modular systems work so that they can optimize their designs. Representatives of Huntington Homes will work with these designers in the background to ensure you have the home design you aim for.
- Huntington Homes offers a private tour of its factory – If you are new to prefabricated homes, you might have doubts about their design and how they are made. You can request a private tour of Huntington Homes’ factory to ease your doubts. A tour will allow you to see how prefabricated houses are made and the type of quality control they implement.
- Turnkey Services are only available in Northern Vermont – The company’s turnkey services are only available to customers building in Northern Vermont. If you are building in another part of Vermont or New England, you can still order their prefabricated house module, but you will need to look for a local general contractor to complete the project for you.
- Huntington Homes doesn’t offer in-house financing – Huntington Homes doesn’t offer in-house financing services. If you plan on taking a loan to finance your house, you need to approach a local bank or mortgage company. Although this is not as straightforward, it allows you to enter a deal with a financing company that offers the best rate.
Should You Choose Huntington Homes?
Yes, you should choose Huntington Homes if you are building a prefabricated house in New England. Aside from prefabricated home modules, the company also offers turnkey services for customers who want Huntington Homes to handle the entire building process. The company has partner custom home designers if you want a unique prefabricated house but don’t know any designer near you. Huntington Homes’ energy-efficient homes are excellent options if you want to do your part in conserving the environment while saving on utility bills.