Searching for the best builder to hire can be tedious. You have to search online, ask around, interview several builders, etc. To help you save time, we decided to review some of the best builders in the country, one of which is Superior Buildings.
We will introduce the company, its products, and its services. We will also look at the benefits and downsides of hiring them. It is also essential to know what previous customers are saying about them. At the end of this article, you should know Superior Buildings enough to decide if they are the ones you need to hire.
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview
- 2 Should You Choose Superior Buildings?
Superior Buildings is a company based in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The company has been operating since 2009. Superior Buildings was founded by the husband and wife team of Nate and Joanna King. Aside from their native state of Virginia, the company also serves customers in Pennsylvania.
Products and Services
Let’s look at some of the products and services that Superior Buildings offers.
Residential pole buildings
Superior Buildings builds residential pole barn buildings for customers. They offer both design-and-build services, so they can handle all aspects of construction from design to completion.
Superior Buildings builds agricultural buildings, including barns and cattle buildings. They can also make storage areas for agricultural equipment and machinery.
If you need a barn for your horses, Superior Buildings can help you. They also build other equestrian buildings, like run-in sheds and running arenas. The company makes customizable equestrian buildings, so you can have one with as many stalls as you need and the type of roof and siding you prefer.
Superior Buildings can help you if you need to build structures for your business. They can build a multi-unit storage building for storing your equipment, supplies, and stocks. The company can also build garages if you run a workshop.
The company offers site preparation services, including excavation and actual site preparation. If you plan on doing a DIY build, you can avail of this service, so there’s no need to hire another contractor to prepare your site.
Superior Buildings has no readily available information about barndominium costs. Contact one of their representatives to find out how much your desired building might cost. However, they mention on their website that they consider several factors when providing an estimated cost for their barndominiums and pole barn homes, including the size and style of the building, upgraded and custom features, cost of permits, site specifications, and turnkey specifications.
“From design to building to clean-up and follow-up, using Superior Buildings was a fabulous experience.”– John Cuddeback. Source: Google Review
“Superior Buildings has put up two buildings for me and I’ve been entirely happy with the cost, process, and result in both cases.”– Eric Maslen. Source: Google Review
Advantages and Disadvantages
Now that you know more about Superior Buildings and their products and services, let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of working with them.
- They have a comprehensive portfolio – Their website contains a comprehensive portfolio of previous projects. With the help of the said portfolio, you can better understand what their finished buildings look like. This is an excellent way of gauging the quality of work they deliver. Their gallery also contains vital information about each featured project. You can see the dimensions of a project, the sizes of doors, windows, and eaves, and the paint colors used for each part. They also include information on which part of the house was installed by the customer, so you know which parts they did not work on. They do not post pictures of floor plans, though. However, you can use their portfolio to get ideas for developing a custom floor plan for your barndominium or pole barn home.
- They build a wide variety of buildings – Superior Buildings can build more building types than other builders. Most builders handle residential, commercial, and ADU buildings, but Superior Buildings also builds equestrian and agricultural structures.
- They have a color visualizer program – Superior Buildings has a color visualizer program you can use to try several color combinations you can use. The program lets you pick colors for the siding, roof, trim, and wainscoting of your structure. This program is useful as it enables you to see if your planned color combination will look good. Although Superior Buildings does its best to deliver accurate color representations, this is still a computer program, and color accuracy will depend on your computer. Once you have decided on a color scheme, the best thing to do is ask for a metal sample to see what the colors look like when used on metal.
- They are active on several social media platforms – Superior Buildings has a presence on multiple social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Pinterest. This is helpful because customers can view sample projects using their preferred social media platform. This also means that customers can contact the company through in-app messaging tools if they have questions or inquiries.
- They build barndominiums under specific conditions – Superior Buildings can only build a barndominium if you are financing your barndominium using cash. This is because their barndominium floor plans are simple and might not be acceptable to mortgage companies.
- They do not have in-house financing – Unlike other builders, Superior Buildings do not provide in-house financing services. They also do not have a partner financing company where they can refer you. This means you need to look for a bank or mortgage company to help you finance your building. Start by looking into a local bank where you have an existing account. Local banks are more receptive to account holders of good standing when it comes to loan applications. If this is your first time applying for a construction loan, read our comprehensive article about financing a metal building home to learn more about the loan application process.
- Turnkey projects are only in selected areas – Superior Buildings’ turnkey services are only available for customers building near their offices in Harrisonburg. If you are not in the Harrisonburg area, you can buy their pole barn kits and have a local general contractor complete the project. Although this means that you need to look for another contractor, it can lead to savings as local contractors often charge less than out-of-state builders. Local builders often charge less because they do not have to travel long to reach a building site. Working with a local builder also means that you can easily get in touch with them in case you need their assistance in the future.
Should You Choose Superior Buildings?
If you are looking for skilled builders in Virginia or Pennsylvania, Superior Buildings is an excellent choice. The company builds a wide range of building types, including residential, commercial, agricultural, and equestrian structures. They have an impressive portfolio of previous projects to help you gauge their ability to deliver high-quality results.
When you visit their website, they have a color visualizer program that lets you experiment with different color combinations to decide on a color scheme for your building. Although they only provide turnkey services to areas near their office, you can buy building kits from them and have a local contractor complete the project.
Overall, Superior Buildings is a company worth looking into. Follow our Facebook page to read more articles, like the advantages and disadvantages of metal building homes such as barndominiums, shouses, shipping container homes, and prefab houses, to decide which one suits your needs best.