A prefabricated home is an excellent alternative if you want to build a house but don’t want the hassle of building on your own. A prefabricated house is pre-made and ready to assemble upon delivery. Building a prefab home is faster than building using conventional building methods.
If you are interested in building a prefabricated house, Clayton Homes is one of the pioneers in the industry, with more than 60 years of experience.
In this article, we will help you get to know more about Clayton Homes. We will also introduce their products and services to give you a better idea of what to expect when dealing with them.
Table of Contents
Clayton Homes Overview
Let us take a closer look at Clayton Homes and its history. We will let you in on the advantages and disadvantages of working with them. We will also show you some reviews from previous customers to know what it feels like to work with them.
Clayton Homes was founded in 1956 by Jim Clayton. Its current CEO, Kevin Clayton, has been involved in the family business since age seven. From its humble beginnings, the company has grown to more than 350 home centers catering to future homeowners.
Products and Services
Clayton Homes sells prefabricated homes to their customers. They do not offer any other products and services.
The Augusta is an example of a Clayton Homes prefabricated home. It is a model done in the style of a modern farmhouse. This model has three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Aside from the bedrooms and bathrooms, The Augusta has provisions for a living room, kitchen, dining room, utility, and pantry. The total square footage of this model is 1,369 square feet. The Augusta costs $140,000 before options.
If you are looking for an affordable prefabricated house, you might want to consider The Dewey. This model has three bedrooms and two bathrooms spread out over 1,260 square feet. The Dewey has a simple rectangular design, but you can embellish it later on if you want. The Dewey costs $100,000 before options.
You can have a Clayton Homes prefabricated home for as low as $100,000. The prices of different models go up depending on the size of the home and its features.
“Clayton Homes is by far the best place to buy a house!”– Joseph Kowalski II. Source: Google Review
“Very good customer service. Down to earth and ready to make the best decision for the buyer and their needs.”– Evan Brown. Source: Google Review
Advantages and Disadvantages
Let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of working with Clayton Homes.
- They have many locations – Clayton Homes has around 350 sales offices nationwide. Whether in Texas, Oregon, Utah, or any of the remaining states, you will surely find a Clayton Homes near you. Simply enter your zip code on their website to see the closest Clayton Homes sales office in your area. You can save time by choosing the sales office nearest to your location.
- In-stock houses – What’s great about Clayton Homes is that they immediately tell you if the prefabricated home you are interested in is In-stock. This is helpful for customers who want to build their homes as soon as possible.
- Wide variety of design inspirations – Clayton Homes has an extensive gallery of design inspirations. Out of ideas for a fantastic kitchen? Check out the Clayton Homes gallery. You can also find design ideas for living rooms and bathrooms. This is an excellent resource you can use even if you decide to buy a barndominium kit or pole barn kit instead.
- 3D tours – Clayton Homes has 3D tours for some of their prefab home models. This can help you better appreciate the quality of the prefabricated houses the company offers.
- Pre-owned homes – If you are working on a budget, Clayton Homes also sells pre-owned prefabricated houses. However, the availability of pre-owned homes is not guaranteed, so be sure to check with a sales office near you to see if they have pre-owned homes for sale.
- Trade-ins – If you already own a prefabricated house and are looking to upgrade, Clayton Homes accepts trade-ins. This is an excellent option if you want a new house but have a tight budget. The sales staff of Clayton Homes will appraise your property to see how much they can buy it for. However, you also have the option to sell it to another homeowner. Don’t be afraid to compare offers to get the best deal possible.
- Filtering options – One thing that we really liked about Clayton Homes’ website is the filtering options on their gallery of available houses. You can choose the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you want for your home. You can also filter the results based on the price of the prefabricated homes to only get results within your budget. This is a great way to save time since you don’t have to look at models that don’t fit your needs and budget.
- Garage options – Clayton Homes offers garage options for specific models. This can help you save money because you don’t need to build a separate garage. If you want to add a garage, mention it to your contact person in Clayton Homes to have the garage added to the design during development. You also have the option of adding a detached garage if you want. However, this is unavailable in all Clayton Homes offices, so check with your home center to see if they offer detached garages.
- Personalization options – Clayton Homes offers customization options to make your prefabricated home truly your own. Personalization options include paint color, flooring, cabinet colors, and built-in features. You can also reconfigure the layout of your kitchen, bathroom, or flex spaces.
- Site preparation assistance – Clayton Homes will help you ensure that your site is suitable for the delivery and assembly of your prefabricated home. A Clayton Homes home consultant will provide information on how to prepare your site. The home consultant will advise whether to level the site, remove tree stumps, or build a driveway. However, as the homeowner, it is your responsibility to hire a builder or construction worker to put the recommendations into motion.
- Does not have in-house financing – Unlike other companies that sell prefabricated houses, Clayton Homes don’t offer in-house financing services. This means that you either buy from them using cash or apply for financing from another financial institution.
- They don’t have floor plan samples – Clayton Homes’ website doesn’t have sample floor plans. There are floor plans for the models they sell, but they don’t have sample floor plans in their media gallery.
Should You Choose Clayton Homes?
Yes, Clayton Homes is an excellent option if you are in the market for a prefabricated house. They have many models to choose from. They have various models at different price ranges, so you can choose one that fits your budget.
The company also has hundreds of sales offices nationwide, so you can easily find one near you. If you want to build a prefabricated house, Clayton Homes is an excellent company to partner with. Remember to like our Facebook page for more articles about barndominiums, shipping container homes, and other fantastic metal buildings.